Pilot Input Tension Control Clutches
SensiFlex® Patented Tension Control Technology
Engineered to deliver precision control of web tension without sticking, pulsing or cogging.
- Friction clutch engages with air pressure and is designed for continous slip.
- Clutch is spring released when air is exhausted.
- Torque is linear in response to air pressure applied.
- Through/Mid Shaft or End of Shaft.
- Anti-rotation arm required to prevent rotation of the air housing.
- Designed for horizontal or vertical mounting.
- Bored to suit up to the maximum shown (US & Metric) for easy installation.
- For tension control applications requiring the clutch to drive the shaft when engaged.
- Cooling sleeve rotates with the pilot mounted sprocket, pulley, or coupling at the speed of the drive input.
- If clutch will drive a pilot mounted sprocket, pulley, or coupling when engaged, or if the clutch will be used as a brake, see the SensiFlex® Shaft Input (SI) model.
- Maximum RPM varies by model. Please consult the detail sheets (below). Consult engineering if the intended application exceeds the listed maximum RPM.
- Exclusive, patented actuator engages smoothly at low pressures and provides maximum sensitivity to slight changes in air pressure for infinite control of torque output.
- Radial cooling holes pull cooler, ambient air through the clutch or brake to dissipate the heat generated by constant slip, preventing friction lining fade and premature wear.
|Product Code||Torque @ 80 PSI||Heat Dissipation @ 1800 RPM||Maximum Bore with Standard Keyway||Detail Sheet||Request 3D CAD Model|
|38PI-ULOW||36 in-lb||0.19 tHP||0.625 in (16 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|38PI||66 in-lb||0.19 tHP||0.625 in (16 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|58PI-ULOW||122 in-lb||0.57 tHP||1.000 in (24 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|58PI||222 in-lb||0.57 tHP||1.000 in (24 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|78PI-ULOW||326 in-lb||1.02 tHP||1.375 in (38 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|78PI||593 in-lb||1.02 tHP||1.375 in (38 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|98PI-ULOW||668 in-lb||1.36 tHP||1.875 in (50 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|98PI||1,214 in-lb||1.36 tHP||1.875 in (50 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|118PI-ULOW||1,296 in-lb||1.90 tHP||2.250 in (57 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|118PI||2,356 in-lb||1.90 tHP||2.250 in (57mm)||View PDF||Request|