Shaft Input Tension Control Clutches
SensiFlex® Patented Tension Control Technology
Engineered to deliver precision control of web tension without sticking, pulsing or cogging.
- Friction clutch engages with air pressure and is designed for continous slip.
- Clutch is spring released when air is exhausted.
- Torque is linear in response to air pressure applied.
- Through/Mid Shaft or End of Shaft.
- Anti-rotation arm arm required to prevent rotation of the air housing.
- Designed for horizontal or vertical mounting.
- Bored to suit up to the maximum shown for easy installation.
- For tension control applications requiring the clutch to drive a pilot mounted pulley, sprocket, or coupling when engaged.
- Cooling sleeve rotates with the shaft at the speed of the drive input.
- Shaft input clutches can also be used as brakes by fixing the pilot to the machine frame or other stationary surface.
- If clutch will drive the shaft when engaged see the SensiFlex® Pilot Input model.
- Maximum RPM varies by model. Please consult the detail sheets (below). Consult engineering if the intended application exceeds the listed maximum RPM.
- Exclusive, patented actuator engages smoothly at low pressures and provides maximum sensitivity to slight changes in air pressure for infinite control of torque output.
- Radial cooling holes pull cooler, ambient air through the clutch or brake to dissipate the heat generated by constant slip, preventing friction lining fade and premature wear.
All Mach III products can be customized to meet the needs of your application.
|Product Code||Torque @ 80 PSI||Heat Dissipation @ 1800 RPM||Maximum Bore with Standard Keyway||Detail Sheet||Request 3D CAD Model|
|38SI-ULOW||36 lb-in||0.08 tHP||0.625 in (16 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|38SI||66 lb-in||0.08 tHP||0.625 in (16 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|58SI-ULOW||122 lb-in||0.27 tHP||1.000 in (24 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|58SI||222 lb-in||0.27 tHP||1.000 in (24mm)||View PDF||Request|
|78SI-ULOW||326 lb-in||0.54 tHP||1.375 in (38 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|78SI||593 lb-in||0.54 tHP||1.375 in (38 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|98SI-ULOW||668 lb-in||0.83 tHP||1.875 in (50 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|98SI||1,214 lb-in||0.83 tHP||1.875 in (50 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|118SI-ULOW||1,296 lb-in||1.46 tHP||2.250 in (62 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|118SI||2,356 lb-in||1.46 tHP||2.250 in (62 mm)||View PDF||Request|