Shaft Input Tension Control Clutches
SensiFlex® Patented Tension Control Technology
Engineered to deliver precision control of web tension without sticking, pulsing or cogging.
- Friction clutch engages with air pressure and is designed for continous slip.
- Clutch is spring released when air is exhausted.
- Torque is linear in response to air pressure applied.
- Through/Mid Shaft or End of Shaft.
- Anti-rotation arm arm required to prevent rotation of the air housing.
- Designed for horizontal or vertical mounting.
- Bored to suit up to the maximum shown for easy installation.
- For tension control applications requiring the clutch to drive a pilot mounted pulley, sprocket, or coupling when engaged.
- Cooling sleeve rotates with the shaft at the speed of the drive input.
- Shaft input clutches can also be used as brakes by fixing the pilot to the machine frame or other stationary surface.
- If clutch will drive the shaft when engaged see the SensiFlex® Pilot Input model.
- Maximum RPM varies by model. Please consult the detail sheets (below). Consult engineering if the intended application exceeds the listed maximum RPM.
- Exclusive, patented actuator engages smoothly at low pressures and provides maximum sensitivity to slight changes in air pressure for infinite control of torque output.
- Radial cooling holes pull cooler, ambient air through the clutch or brake to dissipate the heat generated by constant slip, preventing friction lining fade and premature wear.
|Product Code||Torque @ 80 PSI||Heat Dissipation @ 1800 RPM||Maximum Bore with Standard Keyway||Detail Sheet||Request 3D CAD Model|
|38SI-ULOW||36 lb-in||0.08 tHP||0.625 in (16 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|38SI||66 lb-in||0.08 tHP||0.625 in (16 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|58SI-ULOW||122 lb-in||0.27 tHP||1.000 in (24 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|58SI||222 lb-in||0.27 tHP||1.000 in (24mm)||View PDF||Request|
|78SI-ULOW||326 lb-in||0.54 tHP||1.375 in (38 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|78SI||593 lb-in||0.54 tHP||1.375 in (38 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|98SI-ULOW||668 lb-in||0.83 tHP||1.875 in (50 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|98SI||1,214 lb-in||0.83 tHP||1.875 in (50 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|118SI-ULOW||1,296 lb-in||1.46 tHP||2.250 in (62 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|118SI||2,356 lb-in||1.46 tHP||2.250 in (62 mm)||View PDF||Request|