Tension Control Brakes
SensiFlex® Patented Tension Control Technology
Engineered to deliver precision control of web tension without sticking, pulsing or cogging.
- Friction brake engages with air pressure and is designed for continuous slip.
- Brake is spring released when air is exhausted.
- Torque is linear in response to air pressure applied.
- Flange bolts to machine frame or other fixture, shaft inserts into bore and is fixed with set screws and customer supplied key.
- Designed for horizontal or vertical mounting.
- For applications requiring a brake to provide tension on and/or stopping of an unwind shaft.
- Cooling sleeve rotates at speed of unwind shaft.
- Maximum RPM varies by model. Please consult the detail sheets (below). Consult engineering if the intended application exceeds the listed maximum RPM.
- Exclusive, patented actuator engages smoothly at low pressures and provides maximum sensitivity to slight changes in air pressure for infinite control of torque output.
- Radial cooling holes pull cooler, ambient air through the clutch or brake to dissipate the heat generated by constant slip, preventing friction lining fade and premature wear.
All Mach III products can be customized to meet the needs of your application.
|Product Code||Torque @ 80 PSI||Heat Dissipation @ 1800 RPM||Maximum Bore with Standard Keyway||Detail Sheet||Request 3D CAD Model|
|38BK-ULOW||81 lb-in||0.14 tHP||0.875 in (21 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|38BK||148 lb-in||0.14 tHP||0.875 in (21 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|58BK-ULOW||225 lb-in||0.47 tHP||1.375 in (38 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|58BK||409 lb-in||0.47 tHP||1.375 in (38 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|78BK-ULOW||547 lb-in||0.81 tHP||1.875 in (50 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|78BK||994 lb-in||0.81 tHP||1.875 in (50 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|98BK-ULOW||1,068 lb-in||1.13 tHP||2.125 in (57 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|98BK||1,941 lb-in||1.13 tHP||2.125 in (57 mm)||View PDF||Request|