Tension Control Brakes
SensiFlex® Patented Tension Control Technology
Engineered to deliver precision control of web tension without sticking, pulsing or cogging.
- Friction brake engages with air pressure and is designed for continuous slip.
- Brake is spring released when air is exhausted.
- Torque is linear in response to air pressure applied.
- Flange bolts to machine frame or other fixture, shaft inserts into bore and is fixed with set screws and customer supplied key.
- Designed for horizontal or vertical mounting.
- For applications requiring a brake to provide tension on and/or stopping of an unwind shaft.
- Cooling sleeve rotates at speed of unwind shaft.
- Maximum RPM varies by model. Please consult the detail sheets (below). Consult engineering if the intended application exceeds the listed maximum RPM.
- Exclusive, patented actuator engages smoothly at low pressures and provides maximum sensitivity to slight changes in air pressure for infinite control of torque output.
- Radial cooling holes pull cooler, ambient air through the clutch or brake to dissipate the heat generated by constant slip, preventing friction lining fade and premature wear.
|Product Code||Torque @ 80 PSI||Heat Dissipation @ 1800 RPM||Maximum Bore with Standard Keyway||Detail Sheet||Request 3D CAD Model|
|38BK-ULOW||81 lb-in||0.14 tHP||0.875 in (21 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|38BK||148 lb-in||0.14 tHP||0.875 in (21 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|58BK-ULOW||225 lb-in||0.47 tHP||1.375 in (38 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|58BK||409 lb-in||0.47 tHP||1.375 in (38 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|78BK-ULOW||547 lb-in||0.81 tHP||1.875 in (50 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|78BK||994 lb-in||0.81 tHP||1.875 in (50 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|98BK-ULOW||1,068 lb-in||1.13 tHP||2.125 in (57 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|98BK||1,941 lb-in||1.13 tHP||2.125 in (57 mm)||View PDF||Request|