Spring Engaged Brakes – NEMA Frame
C-Face Mounted Friction Brakes for Power Off Holding
Function: Holding, Failsafe (Non-Cycling Applications)
Drive Arrangement: Motor to Gear Reducer (Gear Box)
- Spring pressure compresses drive and friction discs to produce a fixed amount of torque.
- The brake is released when energized with sufficient air pressure (see table below).
- Brake is designed to mount between a c-face motor and gear reducer.
- Not suitable for belt or chain drive (pulley or sprocket output) configurations.
- Brake is designed for horizontal mounting. If vertical mounting is required, consult engineering.
- Spring engaged brakes are designed for holding applications.
- Maximum RPM varies by model and is listed on the PDF detail sheet (see table below). Consult engineering if the intended application exceeds the listed maximum RPM.
- Models listed have enclosed, aluminum housings.
- Clear anodized and stainless housing versions are also available. Contact engineering for details.
|Product Code||Torque||Brake Release Pressure||NEMA Frame Size||Output Shaft & Input Bore||Detail Sheet||Request 3D CAD Model|
|D2C2R-42H||73 lb-in||60-65 PSI||42C||0.375 in||View PDF||Request|
|D2C2R-48H||73 lb-in||60-65 PSI||48C||0.500 in||View PDF||Request|
|D3C2F-34H||59 lb-in||60-65 PSI||34C||0.500 in||View PDF||Request|
|D3C3R-56H||222 lb-in||60-65 PSI||56C||0.625 in||View PDF||Request|
|D3C3R-14H||222 lb-in||60-65 PSI||143TC, 145TC||0.875 in||View PDF||Request|
|D5C3R-18H||985 lb-in||60-65 PSI||182TC, 184TC||1.125 in||View PDF||Request|
|D5C3R-21H||985 lb-in||60-65 PSI||213TC, 215TC||1.375 in||View PDF||Request|
|D8C2K-28H||2,367 lb-in||70-75 PSI||284TC, 286TC||1.875 in||View PDF||Request|