Mechanical Friction Torque Limiter – Through Shaft
Continuously Engaged, Momentary Overload Protection
Function: Overload Protection
Drive Arrangement: Shaft to Pilot Mounted Component or Pilot Mounted Component to Shaft
- Mechanically adjustable, continuously engaged friction torque limiter slips in the event of an overload.
- Torque at which limiter will slip is field adjustable through the tightening or loosening of a nut.
- Adjustment nut is locked in place by set screws when desired torque setting is established.
- Torque limiters can be mounted Through/Mid Shaft or End of Shaft.
- Torque limiter slides on shaft and is fixed with set screws and a customer supplied key.
- Momentary overload protection.
- Torque limiters are not recommended in continuous slip or tension control applications. A SensiFlex® clutch or brake should be used instead.
- Maximum RPM varies by model. Please consult the detail sheets (below). Consult engineering if the intended application exceeds the listed maximum RPM.
- No reset required after torque limiter slips.
- Torque limiters are bored to suit up to the maximum shown (US & Metric) for easy installation.
- Machined pilot for easy mounting of pulley or sprocket.
|Product Code||Maximum Recommended Torque Setting||Maximum Bore with Standard Keyway (Inches / Millimeters)||Detail Sheet||Request 3D CAD Model|
|T2A2R-STL||200 lb-in||0.500 in (12 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|T3A2H-STL||792 lb-in||1.000 in (24 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|T4A2H-STL||1,406 lb-in||1.250 in (31 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|T5A2H-STL||2,736 lb-in||1.438 in (38 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|T6A1G-STL||3,070 lb-in||2.000 in (52 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|T6A2G-STL||6,140 lb-in||2.000 in (52 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|T8A1K-STL||6,066 lb-in||2.500 in (66 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|T8A2K-STL||12,132 lb-in||2.500 in (66 mm)||View PDF||Request|