Industrial Friction Clutches
Available with either air or spring actuation and in six different mounting options, industrial friction clutches from Mach III Clutch, Inc. are suitable for a wide variety of power transmission applications.
Types of Industrial Friction Clutches Available from Mach III
- Air Engaged/Spring Released Friction Clutches
Torque transmitted is proportional to the amount of air pressure applied. When air pressure is absent, springs provide positive separation of drive discs so that torque is no longer transmitted.
- Spring Engaged/Air Released Friction Clutches
A fixed amount of torque is transmitted. To release the clutch, air pressure is applied to overcome the spring pressure.
- SensiFlex® Tension Control Friction Clutches
Torque transmitted is proportional to the amount of air pressure supplied. Design optimized to maintain constant tension on a roll as it builds through the rewind process by slipping.
- Note: For all friction clutch types above, release/disengagement provides only the absence of torque transmission. If holding of the machine component is required when disengaged, then a combination clutch brake should be considered.
Mounting Options for Mach III Industrial Friction Clutches
- Through and End of Shaft Pilot Mount Friction Clutches
Connect a sprocket, pulley or v-belt sheave mounted on the pilot of the clutch to a shaft.
- Friction Clutch Mechanisms with Adapters
Connect a fully supported shaft to a bearing mounted pulley, gear or other mating component.
- Friction Clutch Mechanisms with Couplings
Connect two fully supported shafts that are in precise angular and parallel alignment.
- Flexible Friction Clutch Couplings
Connect two fully supported shafts that have a slight amount of angular misalignment and/or parallel offset.
- NEMA Frame Friction Clutches
Connect a c-face motor and gear reducer.
Mach III Industrial Friction Clutch Features
- Multiple disc clutch design for high torque in a compact package
- Specifiable bore sizes up to the maximum shown for each friction clutch (US & Metric) for easy installation
- Soft start friction engagement
- Required pulleys, sprockets and v-belt sheaves can be installed on any friction clutch at the factory
- Any catalog model Mach III industrial friction clutch can be modified to accommodate application requirements