Air Engaged Flexible Clutch Couplings
Connect Two Supported Shafts with Slight Angular Misalignment and/or Parallel Offset
Function: Connect, Disconnect
Drive Arrangement: Shaft to Shaft, Slight Angular Misalignment and/or Parallel Offset
- Friction clutch coupling engages with air pressure, spring released when air is exhausted.
- Torque is linear in response to air pressure applied.
- Set screws and customer supplied key connect the clutch mechanism to one shaft and the coupling hub to a second, fully supported shaft.
- Anti-rotation arm required to prevent rotation of the air housing.
- Clutch couplings are designed for horizontal mounting. If vertical mounting is required, consult engineering for options.
- Note: Clutch coupling mechanism DOES NOT support flexible coupling half.
- Flexible clutch couplings connect/disconnect two fully supported shafts.
- Maximum RPM varies by model. Please consult the detail sheets (below). Consult engineering if the intended application exceeds the listed maximum RPM.
- Elastomeric element compensates for up to 3 degrees of angular misalignment and up to 0.040 parallel offset between shafts.
- Both clutch mechanism and coupling bored to suit up to the maximum shown (US & Metric) to accept differing shaft sizes.
- Low coefficient friction lining versions are available for applications requiring slip or a narrower torque range. Contact engineering for details.
All Mach III products can be customized to meet the needs of your application.
|Product Code||Torque @ 80 PSI||Maximum Bore with Standard Keyway||Detail Sheet||Request 3D CAD Model|
|C2H2R-STH||190 lb-in||0.500 in (12 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|C3H2R-STH||555 lb-in||1.000 in (24 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|C4H2R-STH||1,317 lb-in||1.250 in (31 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|C5H2R-STH||2,587 lb-in||1.438 in (38 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|C5H2K-STH||3,320 lb-in||1.438 in (38 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|C6H2G-STH||5,397 lb-in||2.000 in (52 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|C6H2K-STH||5,397 lb-in||2.000 in (52 mm)||View PDF||Request|