Spring Engaged Clutch – Through Shaft
Through Shaft Bored, Pilot Mount Friction Clutches
Function: Connect, Disconnect
Drive Arrangement: Shaft to Pilot Mounted Component or Pilot Mounted Component to Shaft
- Friction clutch is applied with spring pressure.
- A fixed amount of torque is transmitted.
- To release clutch, air pressure is applied to overcome the spring pressure.
- Through Shaft/Mid Shaft or End of Shaft.
- Spring applied friction clutch slides on shaft and is fixed with set screws and a customer supplied key
- Anti-rotation arm required.
- Clutch is designed for horizontal mounting. If vertical mounting is required, consult engineering for options.
- Spring applied friction clutches are suitable for applications requiring the clutch to remain engaged in the absence of air pressure or during a loss of power.
- Not suitable for cycling applications.
- Maximum RPM varies by model. Please consult the detail sheets (below). Consult engineering if the intended application exceeds the listed maximum RPM.
- Made to order, bored to fit the shaft size you specify up to the maximum shown for easy installation.
- Machined pilot for easy mounting of pulley or sprocket.
|Product Code||Torque||Release Pressure||Maximum Bore with Standard Keyway||Detail Sheet||Request 3D CAD Model|
|E3A2R-STH||509 lb-in||74 PSI||1.000 in (24 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|E4A2R-STH||1,086 lb-in||75 PSI||1.250 in (31 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|E5A2R-STH||2,502 lb-in||75 PSI||1.438 in (38 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|E5A2K-STH||3,133 lb-in||75 PSI||1.563 in (40 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|E6A2G-STH||4,723 lb-in||78 PSI||2.000 in (52 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|E6A2K-STH||4,723 lb-in||78 PSI||2.000 in (52 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|E8A2K-STH||8,324 lb-in||77 PSI||2.500 in (66 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|EAA2K-STH||13,182 lb-in||76 PSI||2.750 in (72 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|EBA2K-STH||23,733 lb-in||77 PSI||3.500 in (95 mm)||View PDF||Request|