Air Engaged Clutches – Through Shaft
Through Shaft Bored, Pilot Mount Friction Clutches
Function: Connect, Disconnect (Cycling Applications)
Drive Arrangement: Pilot Mounted Component to Shaft or Shaft to Pilot Mounted Component
- Air pressure compresses drive and friction discs to produce torque.
- Release springs provide positive disengagement when air is exhausted.
- Torque is linear in response to air pressure applied.
- Through/Mid Shaft or End Shaft.
- Friction clutch slides on shaft and is fixed with set screws and a customer supplied key.
- Anti-rotation arm required to prevent rotation of the air housing.
- Friction clutches are designed for horizontal mounting. If vertical mounting is required, consult engineering for options.
- Friction clutches are suitable for Connect/Disconnect and Cycling applications.
- Maximum RPM varies by model. Please consult the detail sheets (below). Consult engineering if the intended application exceeds the listed maximum RPM.
- Industrial friction clutches are bored to suit up to the maximum shown (US & Metric) for easy installation.
- Low coefficient friction lining versions are available for applications requiring slip or a narrower torque range. Contact engineering for details.
- Machined pilot for easy mounting of pulley or sprocket.
All Mach III products can be customized to meet the needs of your application.
|Product Code||Torque @ 80 PSI||Maximum Bore with Standard Keyway||Detail Sheet||Request 3D CAD Model|
|C2A2R-STH||190 lb-in||0.500 in (12 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|C3A2R-STH||555 lb-in||1.000 in (24 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|C4A2R-STH||1,317 lb-in||1.250 in (31 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|C5A2R-STH||2,587 lb-in||1.438 in (38 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|C5A2K-STH||3,320 lb-in||1.563 in (40 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|C6A2G-STH||5,397 lb-in||2.000 in (52 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|C6A2K-STH||5,397 lb-in||2.000 in (52 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|C8A2K-STH||9,212 lb-in||2.500 in (66 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|CAA2K-STH||14,755 lb-in||2.750 in (72 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|CBA2K-STH||21,204 lb-in||3.500 in (95 mm)||View PDF||Request|