Air Engaged Clutch Mechanisms With Couplings
Connect Two Supported Shafts with No Angular Misalignment and/or Parallel Offset
Function: Connect, Disconnect
Drive Arrangement: Shaft to Shaft, No Angular Misalignment and/or Parallel Offset
- Friction clutch coupling engages with air pressure, spring released when air is exhausted
- Torque is linear in response to air pressure applied.
- Set screws and customer supplied key connect the clutch mechanism to one shaft and the coupling hub to a second, fully supported shaft.
- Shafts must be accurately aligned to prevent premature failure.
- Anti-rotation arm required to prevent rotation of the air housing.
- Clutch couplings are designed for horizontal mounting. If vertical mounting is required, consult engineering for options.
- Note: Clutch coupling mechanism DOES NOT support coupling half.
- Clutch couplings connect/disconnect two fully supported shafts.
- Maximum RPM varies by model. Please consult the detail sheets (below). Consult engineering if the intended application exceeds the listed maximum RPM.
- Both clutch mechanism and coupling half bored to suit up to the maximum shown (US & Metric) to accept differing shaft sizes.
- Low coefficient friction lining versions are available for applications requiring slip or a narrower torque range. Contact engineering for details.
|Product Code||Torque @ 80 PSI||Maximum Bore with Standard Keyway||Detail Sheet||Request 3D CAD Model|
|M2G2R-STH||190 lb-in||0.500 in (12 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|M3G2R-STH||555 lb-in||1.000 in (24 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|M4G2R-STH||1,317 lb-in||1.250 in (31 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|M5G2R-STH||2,587 lb-in||1.438 in (38 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|M5G2K-STH||3,320 lb-in||1.563 in (40 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|M6G2G-STH||5,397 lb-in||2.000 in (52 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|M6G2K-STH||5,397 lb-in||2.000 in (52 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|M8G2K-STH||9,212 lb-in||2.500 in (66 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|MAG2K-STH||14,755 lb-in||2.750 in (72 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|MBG2K-STH||21,204 lb-in||3.500 in (95 mm)||View PDF||Request|