Air Engaged Clutches – NEMA Frame
C-Face Mounted Friction Clutches
Function: Connect, Disconnect
Drive Arrangement: Motor to Gear Reducer (Gear Box)
- Air pressure compresses drive and friction discs to produce torque.
- Torque is linear in response to air pressure applied.
- Release springs provide positive disengagement when air is exhausted.
- Mounts between a c-face motor and gear reducer.
- Not suitable for belt drive (pulley output) applications.
- Designed for horizontal mounting. If vertical mounting is required, consult engineering for options.
- Air engaged friction clutches are suitable for connect/disconnect, cycling applications.
- Maximum RPM varies by model and is listed on the PDF detail sheet (see table below). Consult engineering if the intended application exceeds the listed maximum RPM.
- Air engaged clutches are made-to-order with any bore size up to the maximum shown for easy installation.
- Models listed have enclosed, aluminum housings.
- Clear anodized and stainless housing versions are also available. Contact engineering for details.
|Product Code||Torque @ 80 PSI||NEMA Frame Size||Output Shaft & Input Bore||Detail Sheet||Request 3D CAD Model|
|C3C2R-56H||573 lb-in||56C||0.625 in||View PDF||Request|
|C3C2R-14H||573 lb-in||143TC, 145TC||0.875 in||View PDF||Request|
|C5C2R-18H||2,587 lb-in||182TC, 184TC||1.125 in||View PDF||Request|
|C5C2R-21H||2,587 lb-in||213TC, 215TC||1.375 in||View PDF||Request|