NEMA Frame Clutch-Brakes
Combination Air Applied Clutch and Spring Applied Brake
Function: Starting and Stopping / Holding The Output Shaft
Drive Arrangement: Motor to Gear Reducer (or Output Shaft Mounted Component)
- Applying air pressure releases the spring applied friction brake and engages the friction clutch.
- Torque of the clutch is linear in response to air pressure applied above the brake release pressure.
- Brake torque is fixed by spring pressure.
- Clutch Brake mounts between a c-face motor and gear reducer.
- or, Mounts to motor with a pulley or sprocket on the output shaft (see Detail Sheet for overhung load capacity).
- Clutch Brakes are designed for horizontal mounting. Consult engineering if vertical mounting is required.
- Start/Stop, Cycling, Indexing.
- Maximum RPM varies by model and is listed on the PDF detail sheet (see table below). Consult engineering if the intended application exceeds the listed maximum RPM.
- Clutch and brake combined in one unit for simplified mounting and control.
- Models listed have enclosed, aluminum housings.
- Clear anodized and stainless housing are also available. If needed, please contact engineering.
- Suitable for belt or chain drive (sprocket or pulley) applications.
|Product No.||Clutch Torque @ 80 PSI||Spring Set Brake Torque||Brake Release Pressure||NEMA Frame Size||Output Shaft & Input Bore||Detail Sheet||Request 3D CAD Model|
|X5C2R-56H||495 lb-in||197 lb-in||20-30 PSI||56C||0.625 in||View PDF||Request|
|X5C2R-14H||495 lb-in||197 lb-in||20-30 PSI||143TC, 145TC||0.875 in||View PDF||Request|
|X7C2R-18H||1,032 lb-in||395 lb-in||20-30 PSI||182TC, 184TC||1.125 in||View PDF||Request|
|X7C2R-21H||1,032 lb-in||395 lb-in||20-30 PSI||213TC, 215TC||1.375 in||View PDF||Request|