Mechanical Friction Torque Limiter Mechanisms with Couplings
Overload Protection Between Two Supported Shafts with No Angular or Parallel Misalignment
Function: Overload Protection
Drive Arrangement: Shaft to Shaft, No Angular Misalignment and/or Parallel Offset
- Continuously engaged friction torque limiter slips when the torque setting is exceeded. Continues to slip until the overload ceases.
- Each half of the assembly, (1) torque limiter mechanism and (2) the coupling/sleeve assembly, is attached to a fully supported shaft.
- The tabs on the outside of the friction discs in the mechanism slide into the slots in the coupling/sleeve assembly, creating a connection for the transfer of rotary motion from one shaft to the other.
IMPORTANT: If precise alignment of the two shafts cannot be obtained, consider a flexible torque coupling model.
- Momentary overload protection.
- Torque limiters are not recommended in continuous slip or tension control applications. Consider a SensiFlex® tension control clutch or brake.
- Maximum RPM varies by model. Please consult the detail sheets (below). Consult engineering if the intended application exceeds the listed maximum RPM.
- No reset is required after torque limiter slips.
- The slip torque setting can be adjusted.
- Both the torque limiter mechanism and coupling/sleeve assembly are bored and keyed to fit any shaft size up to the maximum shown (US & Metric).
|Product Code||Maximum Recommended Torque Setting||Maximum Bore with Standard Keyway||Detail Sheet||Request 3D CAD Model|
|V2G2R-STL||200 lb-in||0.500 in (12 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|V3G2H-STL||792 lb-in||1.000 in (24 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|V4G2H-STL||1,406 lb-in||1.250 in (31 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|V5G2H-STL||2,736 lb-in||1.438 in (38 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|V6G1G-STL||3,070 lb-in||2.000 in (52 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|V6G2G-STL||6,140 lb-in||2.000 in (52 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|V8G1K-STL||6,066 lb-in||2.500 in (66 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|V8G2K-STL||12,132 lb-in||2.500 in (66 mm)||View PDF||Request|