Flexible Mechanical Friction Torque Limiter Coupling
Overload Protection Between Two Supported Shafts with Slight Angular and/or Parallel Misalignment
Function: Overload Protection
Drive Arrangement: Shaft to Shaft, Slight Angular Misalignment and/or Parallel Offset
- Continuously engaged friction torque limiter slips when the torque setting is exceeded. Continues to slip until the overload ceases.
- Each side of the assembly, (1) the torque limiter mechanism and the (2) coupling, is attached to a fully supported shaft creating a connection for the transfer of rotary motion from one shaft to the other.
- Momentary overload protection.
- Torque limiters are not recommended in continuous slip or tension control applications. Consider a SensiFlex® tension control clutch or brake.
- Maximum RPM varies by model. Please consult the detail sheets (below). Consult engineering if the intended application exceeds the listed maximum RPM.
- No reset required after torque limiter slips.
- The slip torque setting can be adjusted.
- Elastomeric element compensates for up to 3 degrees of angular misalignment and up to 0.040 parallel offset between shafts.
- Each side of the assembly is bored and keyed to fit any shaft size up to the maximum shown (US and Metric).
- Set screws and customer supplied key connect the torque limiter mechanism to one shaft and the coupling hub to a second, fully supported shaft
- Both shafts must be bearing supported
All Mach III products can be customized to meet the needs of your application.
|Product Code||Maximum Recommended Torque Setting||Maximum Bore with Standard Keyway||Detail Sheet||Request 3D CAD Model|
|T3H2H-STL||792 lb-in||0.875 in (21 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|T4H2H-STL||1,406 lb-in||1.250 in (31 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|T5H2H-STL||2,736 lb-in||1.375 in (38 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|T6H1G-STL||3,070 lb-in||2.000 in (52 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|T6H2G-STL||6,140 lb-in||2.000 in (52 mm)||View PDF||Request|