Shaft Input Clutch-Brakes To Stop and Start the Pilot
Combination Air Engaged Clutch – Spring Engaged Brake
Function: Starting and Stopping / Holding The Pilot Mounted Component
Drive Arrangement: Shaft to Pilot Mounted Component
- Applying air pressure releases the spring applied friction brake and engages the friction clutch.
- Torque of the clutch is linear in response to air pressure applied above the brake release pressure.
- Brake torque is fixed by spring pressure.
- Through (Mid) Shaft or End of Shaft.
- Clutch Brake slides on shaft and is fixed with set screws and a customer supplied key.
- Anti-rotation arm required to react, brake, and prevent rotation of the air housing.
- Clutch Brakes are designed for horizontal mounting. Consult engineering if vertical mounting is required.
- Stop/Start, Cycling, Indexing with input from constantly turning shaft.
- Maximum RPM varies by model and is listed on the PDF detail sheet (see table below). Consult engineering if the intended application exceeds the listed maximum RPM.
- Clutch and brake combined in one unit for simplified mounting and control.
- Clutch brakes are bored to suit up to the maximum shown (US & Metric) for easy installation.
- Machined pilot for easy mounting of pulley or sprocket.
All Mach III products can be customized to meet the needs of your application.
|Product No.||Clutch Torque @ 80 PSI||Spring Set Brake Torque||Brake Release Pressure||Maximum Bore with Standard Keyway||Detail Sheet||Request 3D CAD Model|
|W3A2H-STH||275 lb-in||39 lb-in||15-20 PSI||0.625 in (16 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|W4A2H-STH||712 lb-in||128 lb-in||20-25 PSI||1.250 in (31 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|W5A2H-STH||1,482 lb-in||337 lb-in||20-25 PSI||1.438 in (38mm)||View PDF||Request|
|W6A2G-STH||2,706 lb-in||525 lb-in||20-25 PSI||2.000 in (52 mm)||View PDF||Request|