Mechanical Friction Torque Limiter Mechanisms with Adapters
Continuously Engaged, Momentary Overload Protection
Function: Overload Protection
Drive Arrangement: Shaft to Adapter Mounted Component
- Mechanically adjustable, continuously engaged friction torque limiter slips in the event of an overload.
- Torque at which limiter will slip is field adjustable through the tightening or loosening of a nut.
- Adjustment nut is locked in place by set screws when desired torque setting is established.
- Through/Mid Shaft or End of Shaft.
- Torque Limiter slides on shaft and is fixed with set screws and customer supplied key.
- Adapter connects to a fully supported, bearing mounted pulley, gear, or sprocket.
- Note: Mechanism DOES NOT support Adapter.
- Momentary overload protection.
- For continuous slip or tension control applications, a SensiFlex® clutch or brake should be used.
- Maximum RPM varies by model. Please consult the detail sheets (below). Consult engineering if the intended application exceeds the listed maximum RPM.
- No reset required.
- Bored to suit up to the maximum shown (US & Metric) for easy installation.
- Machined face and bolt circle on adapter facilitate connection to bearing mounted pulley or gear.
All Mach III products can be customized to meet the needs of your application.
|Product Code||Maximum Recommended Torque Setting||Maximum Bore with Standard Keyway||Detail Sheet||Request 3D CAD Model|
|V2R2R-STL||200 lb-in||0.500 in (12 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|V3R2H-STL||792 lb-in||1.000 in (24 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|V4R2H-STL||1,406 lb-in||1.250 in (31 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|V5R2H-STL||2,736 lb-in||1.438 in (38 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|V6R1G-STL||3,070 lb-in||2.000 in (52 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|V6R2G-STL||6,140 lb-in||2.000 in (52 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|V8R1K-STL||6,066 lb-in||2.500 in (66 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|V8R2K-STL||12,132 lb-in||2.500 in (66 mm)||View PDF||Request|