Air Engaged Brakes
Flange Mounted Friction Brakes For Stopping and Holding
Function: Stopping, Holding (Cycling Applications)
Drive Arrangement: Machine Frame or Bracket to Shaft
- Air pressure compresses drive and friction discs to produce torque.
- Torque is linear in response to the air pressure applied.
- Release springs provide positive disengagement when air is exhausted.
- The brake flange bolts to a machine frame or other fixture, the shaft inserts into the bore and is fixed with a customer supplied key.
- Can also be mounted mid-shaft with the flange connected to a bracket.
- Air engaged friction brakes are designed for horizontal mounting. If vertical mounting is required, consult engineering.
- Air engaged friction brakes are suitable for stopping, holding and cycling applications.
- Maximum RPM varies by model and is listed on the PDF detail sheet (see table below). Consult engineering if the intended application exceeds the listed maximum RPM.
- Air engaged brakes are made-to-order with any bore size up to the maximum shown for easy installation.
- Drilled and slotted flange allows for variable installation arrangements.
- Low coefficient friction lining versions are available for applications requiring slip or a narrower torque range. Contact engineering for details.
|Product Code||Torque @ 80 PSI||Maximum Bore with Standard Keyway||Detail Sheet||Request 3D CAD Model|
|B2F2R-STH||100 lb-in||0.500 in (12 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|B3F2R-STH||267 lb-in||1.000 in (24 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|B4F2R-STH||760 lb-in||1.250 in (31 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|B5F2R-STH||1,584 lb-in||1.438 in (38 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|B6F2G-STH||3,118 lb-in||2.000 in (52 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|B8F2K-STH||4,788 lb-in||2.375 in (66 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|BAF2K-STH||9,673 lb-in||2.750 in (72 mm)||View PDF||Request|