Pilot Input Clutch-Brakes To Stop and Start the Shaft
Combination Air Applied Clutch and Spring Applied Brake
Function: Starting and Stopping / Holding The Shaft
Drive Arrangement: Pilot Mounted Component to Shaft
- Applying air pressure releases the spring applied friction brake and engages the friction clutch.
- Torque of the clutch is linear in response to air pressure applied above the brake release pressure.
- Brake torque is fixed by spring pressure.
- Through (Mid) Shaft or End of Shaft.
- Clutch Brake slides on shaft and is fixed with set screws and a customer supplied key.
- Anti-rotation arm required to react, brake, and prevent rotation of the air housing.
- Clutch Brakes are designed for horizontal mounting. If vertical mounting is required, consult engineering for options.
- Stop/Start, Cycling, Indexing with input from a constantly driven sprocket or pulley.
- For applications with small brake torque requirement.
- Maximum RPM varies by model and is listed on the PDF detail sheet (see table below). Consult engineering if the intended application exceeds the listed maximum RPM.
- Clutch and brake combined in one unit for simplified mounting and control.
- Clutch brakes are bored to suit up to the maximum shown (US & Metric) for easy installation.
- Machined pilot for easy mounting of pulley or sprocket.
|Product No.||Clutch Torque @ 80 PSI||Spring Set Brake Torque||Brake Release Pressure||Maximum Bore with Standard Keyway (Inches / Millimeters)||Detail Sheet||Request 3D CAD Model|
|X3A2H-STH||275 lb-in||19 lb-in||15-20 PSI||0.625 in (16 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|X4A2H-STH||712 lb-in||62 lb-in||20-25 PSI||1.250 in (31 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|X5A2H-STH||1,482 lb-in||163 lb-in||20-25 PSI||1.438 in (38 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|X6A2G-STH||2,706 lb-in||256 lb-in||20-25 PSI||2.000 in (52 mm)||View PDF||Request|