Spring Engaged Brakes
Flange Mounted Friction Brakes for Power Off Holding
Function: Holding, Failsafe (Non-Cycling Applications)
Drive Arrangement: Machine Frame or Bracket to Shaft
- Spring pressure compresses drive and friction discs to produce a fixed amount of torque.
- The brake releases when energized with sufficient air pressure (see table below).
- The brake flange bolts to a machine frame or other fixture, the shaft inserts into the bore and is fixed with a customer supplied key.
- Brake can also be mounted mid-shaft with the flange connected to a bracket.
- Spring engaged brakes are designed for horizontal mounting. If vertical mounting is required, consult engineering.
- Spring engaged brakes are designed for holding applications.
- Maximum RPM varies by model. Please consult the detail sheets (below). Consult engineering if the intended application exceeds the listed maximum RPM.
- Spring engaged brakes are made-to-order with any bore size up to the maximum shown for easy installation.
- Drilled and slotted flange allows for variable installation arrangements.
- Low coefficient friction lining versions are available for applications requiring slip or a narrower torque range. Contact engineering for details.
|Product Code||Torque||Brake Release Pressure||Maximum Bore with Standard Keyway||Detail Sheet||Request 3D CAD Model|
|D2F3R-STH||91 lb-in||60 PSI||0.500 in (12 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|D3F3R-STH||222 lb-in||60-65 PSI||0.875 in (21 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|D4F3R-STH||497 lb-in||60-65 PSI||1.125 in (28 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|D5F3R-STH||985 lb-in||60-65 PSI||1.438 in (38 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|D6F3G-STH||2,296 lb-in||60-65 PSI||2.000 in (52 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|D8F3K-STH||4,326 lb-in||60-65 PSI||2.375 in (66 mm)||View PDF||Request|
|DAF3K-STH||8,775 lb-in||60-65 PSI||2.750 in (72 mm)||View PDF||Request|