Industrial Friction Brake
Mach III industrial friction brakes provide simple solutions for stopping, holding and tension control applications.
Types of Industrial Friction Brakes Available from Mach III
- Air Engaged/Spring Released Friction Brakes
Designed for industrial brake applications requiring repeated braking (cycling brake) or emergency stopping (e-stop brake). Torque is adjustable and is linear in response to air pressure.
- Spring Engaged/Air Released Friction Brakes
Designed for industrial brake applications requiring holding after the system has come to rest (holding brake, parking brake). Torque is fixed by spring pressure.
- SensiFlex® Tension Control Friction Brakes
Designed for industrial brake applications requiring continuous slip to maintain tension during an unwind process. Torque is adjustable and is linear in response to air pressure.
Mounting Options for Mach III Industrial Friction Brakes
- Flange Mounted Friction Brakes (these models can also be mounted mid-shaft)
- NEMA Frame Mounted Friction Brakes
Mach III Industrial Friction Brake Features
- Specifiable bore sizes up to the maximum shown for each friction brake (US & Metric) for easy installation
- Flange mounted models are both drilled and slotted to accommodate various installation arrangements
- NEMA Frame model industrial friction brakes available in 56C to 215TC sizes